Thursday, January 31, 2008

What happened?

I've come to realize that writing a blog while sick is the responsible grown up's equivalent of drunk dialing. It seems like a great idea and a lot of fun at the time, but you regret it the next day as everything starts to come back to you. I suppose it could have been worse; such as if I had written it before I had a chance to make myself some hot tea. Never underestimate the power of chamomile.
That I came to this conclusion should clue you in to the fact that I'm feeling much better today. Thank you all for your sympathy and e-flowers. It's nice to have some energy back to make up for some of the lost time yesterday...aha, another positive aspect...I'm actually enjoying being able to do some housework.

It's been a great morning so far. Zach showed me how great he is at standing up and that he doesn't even need a helping hand. Of course, when I took this picture, Elijah was sitting off camera to the right just in case the mighty tower of Zach should happen to topple. He seems to be feeling much better and was laughing and smiling all morning at Amelia's antics. We read a few books including "the Grouchy Ladybug" right before nap time which he really enjoyed. I think any book, such as this, containing a lot of repetition entertains even the youngest of the young.
















Likewise, Amelia is back to her spunky old self again, although she appears to have gone on potty strike since she got her cold. She was doing so well at going pee pee almost every time I would sit her down, but now I'm either not catching her in time, or she gets cold feet (literally) and wants to get back to playing... or maybe it's my hands. Perhaps I should start wearing warm wool on my hands to keep them warm. OK here we go....let's just put these comfy mittens on and...lkegsahbc qekkchg e kewhcb e jhgdec...um, yeah. Maybe after I'm done typing.

Hopefully we will get her back on track in the next few days.

Zach's off tomorrow to get his shots...I mean, to go to Disney. That's right Zach, no vaccinations to worry about, big guy. Shhhhhh, don't tell.


No comments:

Post a Comment