Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Sick days

I know it's been a while since you've heard from me but we've had a challenging couple of days on the home front. Practically everyone even loosely affiliated with Mr. Steve's daycare has come down with a nasty bug of sorts and have spent the better part of the week trying to recuperate. Although Zach and Amelia seem to be at the tail end of their colds and are in good spirits today, mine seems to have accelerated into full swing. My voice has dropped two octaves and sounds like a rusty door hinge. My body feels like it did some sky diving without a parachute while I slept last night (I'm not being negative here but I needed a way to set up my question for the day and it needed a demonstration of the complexity and difficulty of the problem).

So what, you ask, is my question for the day? Wait, how did you know I had a question for the day? Are you psychic or something? Oh, wait I see it...in parenthesis right there. That was just plain silly of me. I mean you are totally awesome and all, but psychic? Come on.

Come on, indeed.

I have often held that there is a positive side to everything and that with enough soul searching, one can establish what it is and grow from every experience. So what exactly is the positive side of being sick? All morning while I was running around trying to get the house in order this thought has crossed my mind and the answer simply eluded me. It was not until I finally got the babies down for a nap, wrapped myself in a warm fuzzy blanket and plopped myself down on the couch that I got my answer. THAT was my answer. On any normal day, I scramble like a mad man trying to meet the needs of the babies and my family and rarely take time to just lay down. Even if I did, my mind would be racing with all of the other things I could be doing with my time. I realized that days like today are pretty much the only time when I can lay on the couch and not feel completely guilty about doing so.

I'm feeling better already.

Now excuse me as I have some very important nothing to do.

Have a wise Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment