Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Wisdom of the Classics

I'm not sure when exactly it happened but it seems like just overnight Fred has become the star sleeper of the student body. He slept for almost three hours this morning and, amazingly, is down for another nap right now. I thought for sure that he and I would be spending the remainder of the afternoon with some quality one on one time but it wasn't long after I started playing my guitar for him that he began rubbing his eyes and yawning. Perhaps it was my playing?(Since I just bought myself a new guitar after not having one for quite some time, one of two things has happened. Either I got really bad at playing or I never really was all that good. If you know the answer to this question, please don't tell.)
This has been the trend for the last week or so. A couple of factors have contributed to Fred's restfulness. The first I can't take credit for at all, as it results from the Ohio winter being permanently overcast...or permacast as I refer to it, at least for the last few seconds anyway since I just made it up. The other factor is the radio I set next to his pack and play. He loves to listen to classical music while he sleeps, as does Zach.

Maybe I need to learn some classical on guitar. This may be where I've gone wrong with my audience. It's obvious their level of sophistication surpasses my trite little blues riffs. Tough crowd.

Oh, Zach just woke up. See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment