Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Spring break two thousand eight!!! Whoooo!

This week is spring break for the area schools, so I get to spend some quality time with Elijah. Forgive me if I can't get around to posting a whole lot this week, as I reckon I'll be pretty busy. Although it doesn't feel much like spring just yet, we are going to take a walk down to the park once nap time is over. Hats and gloves all around, of course.

Amelia has become quite the nurturer in the last couple of weeks and taken up studying the things I do in tending to Zach's needs. One of my more important functions, in Amelia's eyes, is wiping Zach's mouth when he spits up. To practice her care giving skills she dabs at Zach's face with a burp cloth a couple times every minute whether he needs it or not. Zach, being of a slightly more practical nature, feels this may be a bit excessive and has advised her on numerous occasions to conserve wiping for only those times in which it is necessary. She, of course, replies that it is no trouble at all and that she doesn't mind doing it. The force of motherhood is strong with this one.

1 comment:

  1. Amelia does seem to have the maternal thing down. It looks like Mr. Steve doesn't need to be a caregiver after all since Amelia has things well in hand! Zach seems to be a pretty good sport with all the attention and she is obviously trying to make things right with him with her words, when her actions are not totally appreciated. Very cute, made me LOL! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete