Monday, March 17, 2008

Éirinn go Brágh

Saint Patrick was a gentleman,
Who through strategy and stealth,
Drove all the snakes from Ireland,
Here’s a toasting to his health.
But not too many toastings
Lest you lose yourself and then
Forget the good Saint Patrick
And see all those snakes again.


The Mr. Steve home is already abuzz with preparations for today's St. Paddy festivities. The corned beef is in the crock pot, the baked potatoes are wrapped in foil on the middle rack of the oven, the cabbage is...well, I forgot to buy cabbage..., OK, then the Irish asparagus will to have to suffice. Most importantly, though, I have baited the leprechaun trap with a couple 'Pot o' Gold lottery tickets, a sure way to attract them, so that I may cook my
pièce de résistance, leprechaun pie. I hear they taste just like twinkies...or maybe I'm thinking of Smurfs?

I'm kidding, of course. Never would I hurt a leprechaun. Not even a really nasty one named Muffie that wouldn't stop biting at me shins...or maybe that was a chihuahua?





2 comments:

  1. Very cute and a Happy St. Paddy's Day to you too! What adorable little leprechauns! (Congratulations on the correct spelling of the word!-you didn't get your spelling skills from me!
    Hugs, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute picture for St. Patrick's Day! Have a great day! Remember to rest when they do!
    Aunt Inge

    ReplyDelete