Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Franco Harris Washes My Socks

Most of the time, I will try to keep you filled in on the subject matter of my photography so that you may feel as though you share in our experiences here. That is not what today's entry is about. Although the photos being posting are incredibly cute, instead I will share something amazing which occurred the moment right before taking them:

After changing Amelia's diaper, I carried her around the corner to find Elijah and Zach laughing with one another. The reason for their laughter was because of Zach who had emptied the toys from one of our canvas bins and was sitting inside pretending to be a ship captain. When I asked Elijah if he had climbed in there himself, he replied that he had. I must get a picture of this, I remarked as I set Amelia down to get the camera off of the entertainment center next to me. I grabbed the camera and pulled it toward me not realizing that the strap had been wrapped around a vase Nadine and I had purchased from a Gainesville art show. My eyes were still on Zach as I heard the unmistakable ping of an artsy fartsy vase tipping over and tumbling off the edge of a shelf. With reflexes of a tiger who really likes coffee, I lunged for the deco-ware, threw my left hand underneath (I am right handed, by the way) and caught it about three inches from the floor. Looking over at Elijah who had seen the entire incident unfold, jaw agape in amazement, I quietly declared, "I am Batman."


No comments:

Post a Comment