Thursday, July 10, 2008

Book Wormz

Hola amigos. I know it's been a long time since I rapped at ya but the three kids and I have been keeping ourselves busy trying to beat the summer heat doldrums. Fortunately for us, we live in between two great parks and have a great library 3 blocks away that we can walk over to and catch one of the many summer programs like the turtle lady or storybook corner, which we have frequented as of late. Although the age limit for storybook corner is 2 to 7 both Amelia and Zach have souls of much older beings and are, therefore, always welcome.
I'm so happy that Elijah still likes to go to the library for stories and baby lap time. He gets excited when I mention walking down there for all the events even as his friend (who shan't be named) never wants to go because he would rather sit at home and play x-box. It makes me sad to think about the day he will eventually decide he's too old for story time, too, so it really makes me enjoy these days I can spend with him that much more.

Oh and, by the way, Elijah just finished reading his first chapter book by himself on Tuesday. Yes, I'm a proud dad.

Amelia has become runner and a very inquiring one at that. She enjoys listening to the stories for all of 30 seconds and then it's off to pull all of the CDs from the shelf to stack them on the floor. Zach likes books quite a bit more than Amelia and will sometimes last as long as 90 seconds before he wants to crawl over to the curly-wired bead table, which he will play with the remainder of time we are there. His infatuation with the table is helpful since I'm usually chasing down a hyperactive Amelia through Eastern European literature at the other end of the library by that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment