Thursday, May 8, 2008

Oh, say, can you see?

Zach's fine motor skills have kicked into high gear over the last few weeks in concert with his perfection of the crawling arts. The ramifications of this development are two-fold; the first of such meaning more frequent Cheerio patrols and vacuumings for me to thwart unauthorized snacking. Secondly, there lie await some serious hair pullings for Amelia. What? What's that you say? I'm sorry, I can't seem to hear you because of this profound hearing loss I sustained from the last time it happened. Amelia has a voice like no other one-year old, screaming from her diaphragm in pitches that would cause Mariah Carey to go green with envy while simultaneously making her wince in pain. The experience had made me realize that although I'm certain Zach loves Amelia very much, his hugs are not always of benevolent intent and he should be closely watched for malfeasance. Amelia used to do the same thing when I would take her to baby lap time so many months ago. She would ignore all the toys and books and crawl right up to the first baby she could reach and take a mad tug at their locks just to see what would happen. The results, of course, were universal.

Thanks to Ryan and Jen, who are letting me borrow their camera while ours is on the fritz, I can continue to post pictures instead of relying on crude punctuation based representations for graphic support. I was starting to worry 'what if Zach suddenly starts singing the Star Spangled Banner or something and I have no way to document it?' No worries now. Sing away, young man.

1 comment:

  1. OMG I am so glad you have access to a camera-especially for the grandmothers who might not be able to make it without the grandchild fixes.(Thanks Jen and Ryan!) Although you are excellent with words,Steve,the adage about pictures being worth (you know the rest)resonates with us. Zach has changed so much. I miss his wispy hair, but the new 'do will be more appealing to the ladies, after all he has Amelia screaming already! Of course, I must say that Amelia's litte "Hi" just melted our hearts and it is hard to imagine a wail as you described-however, I can see how she might not believe that turn-about is fair play. Hugs, "Grammie"

    ReplyDelete