Monday, May 19, 2008

Get up, stand up

I knew that he wouldn't take life sitting down. Zach is finally putting his incredi-legs to full use pulling himself upright on absolutely everything from the ever popular leap table to my guitar amp. Every time he gets himself standing, he looks over at me as if to say, "This is just, like, not even a problem for me", and I really believe him...I do. It's just that I'm still in the habit of immediately scanning the area for toys that would not be so totally radical to do a face plant on and clear them away as quickly as possible. I'm sure that any bruises on his ego resultant from undermining his confidence in his standing abilities will heal quicker than knocking his block on some blocks. So far, so good, though. No face plants yet to speak of.




I wouldn't say that Amelia is weird. Far be it from me to say anything that could be misconstrued as negative about my little angel (gag), so suffice to say she marches to the beat of her own flutist. Just to name a couple of her more amusing idiosyncrasies, she actually enjoys wearing sunscreen and hats. Every other baby I have ever met shrieks in horror at the sight of a hat and will tear it from their head throwing it to the ground as if it were some type of rabid bat. OK, so maybe that's an exaggeration and perhaps it's not so strange that she enjoys wearing hats; however, when she can't find one, she will actually wander around the house picking up things that have a vague resemblance and try to wear them on her head. Even more stunning than her hat fetish, though, is her love for getting slathered with SPF 45. As soon as she sees me take out the stick of sunscreen, she will rush over to sit on my lap while keeping her face perfectly still. It's almost eerie how easy it has become just in the last couple weeks to prep for outdoor activities.
You probably already know how generous Amelia is with Zachary. She just wants to share with him everything she is truly fond of, that he may experience all the same joys; so, imagine her surprise as she chased Zach around the living room with the sunscreen stick that he didn't want to sit still for her.






2 comments:

  1. Man Zach is getting so big!! I can't believe the little man is already pulling himself up!! :)

    And your daughter!...what a cutie! My daughter HATES hats UNLESS they are baseball caps.

    I am not sure why...or what the difference is to her...but she can be pretty adamant about it, and goes so far as to throw it off her head...find it...and then stomp on it, as if it had the atrocity to hop onto her head to begin with!

    I just love this age! And it only gets better! :)

    Thanks for the smiles today!~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve,
    It's Jen's mom. I can't believe how much Zack and Amelia have grown!!! They learn and grow so much in their first 2 years. You are doing an amazing job with Zack and I thank-you so much for taking such good care of him. Jen and Ryan are very lucky to have friends like you and Nadine. Having 2 little ones to care for is a challenge in itself, but you seem to have it all under control. Thanks again for taking my grandson under your wings and treating him like one of your own!!

    Cindy ( Zack's MeMa )

    ReplyDelete