Monday, December 3, 2007

December 3, 2007

What an exciting day... not just because it is Monday, because my mom is in town from Florida, nor is it because of the slight inkling of snow trickling down from above. No, something of a much greater significance has transpired today that will surely change the dynamic of Mr. Steve's day care for a long time to come. Mr. Zachary Mongold has joined our gang of three and is adapting quite nicely to the group. Fred and Amelia are very curious to say the least. They both seem to be very interested in playing with him although I'm not quite sure it's the soft and cuddly kind of playing that I would like to see, but at least they are learning to be gentle nonetheless. As a precaution, I'm making sure little Zach is just out of grabbing distance of their curious little hands until they can get a little more used to him being around. Fred and Amelia have been trying to say "Baby" all morning just in case my mom or I weren't quite sure what kind of creature Zach is. They are very considerate and informative that way.

Napping was a little bit of a challenge for Zach at his 9:00 nap time, but I think it was mainly my fault. Instead of laying him on his stomach like he prefers, I errantly laid him on his back (old habits are hard to break). Zach let me know in so many words that this was not the correct way, advised me that he was no longer in the mood for a nap, and to try again in an hour. I duly noted his point and complied as such. It appears we are now back on track and I'm all the wiser.

Fred has been telling us all about his Florida trip and making Amelia, Zach, and I quite jealous. He went on in great detail about how he wore shorts the whole time in eighty degree weather and that he hadn't had that much fun in as long as he could remember. He really seems to be talking and smiling a lot more today than he usually does. Perhaps he's trying to get to know Zach and my mom a little better, too?

Wow, it's almost three o'clock. Where did the day go?

Hope you are all having respectively great days. See you soon.

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment