Wednesday, December 12, 2007

December 12

We have arrived upon the threshold of several important milestones among the Mr. Steve Day care triumvirate. Fred has discovered a newfound determination to join the rest of us in the ranks of featherless bipeds (save for my sister in law Erin who is currently a triped, but her ankle will heal and she'll be off those crutches in no time). This morning I have witnessed Fred taking several unassisted steps from the couch to the Leap table and furthermore he seems to be self aware of the action...**side note** Fred has taken a couple steps previously but did not realize he was not holding onto anything, so him actually TRYING to take an unassisted step is a pretty big, um, step. Still, I have yet to catch this on video, but I will keep trying.

Zach, to his dismay, remains a no-ped for the time being, however, is on the cusp of a transition of tremendous significance as well. He had been pondering that day when I accidentally laid him on his back for nap time and how it wasn't very groovy to him. Of these thoughts sprung the revelation that if any dolt in the future should happen to put him on his back for nap time, he could simply kick up a leg and correct the problem himself. Now, if only he could just get that elbow up and over, the world of nap time would be his oyster. I've assured him that in the meantime I will do my best to honor his preferences. Groovy.

I didn't really have a milestone in mind for Amelia when I started writing, so let me just go ahead and make something up on the spot. Season four of the hit Fox TV show "So You Think You Can Dance" is in the auditioning phase right now. Across the country, the scouts are searching high and low for the very best of the best dancers in America. I can tell them right now that they needn't look any further. Just having been on her feet barely a month now, Amelia is already presenting some of the finest dance moves that put the most talented breakers, waltzers, and crunkers to shame. Of course she may need props for the first few weeks (ex. couches, coffee tables, excersaucers, etc.), but once she can stand up on her own, there will be no stopping her.

No comments:

Post a Comment