Thursday, December 13, 2007

December 13

Yo soy el mariachi del casa de Steve. I had a dream many years ago to live the high life of a rock and roll star. Today that dream was shared with three more newly converted fans named Zach, Fred, and Amelia. The afternoon was spent crooning away whilst strumming my acoustic guitar to several eclectic hits of yore. Fred especially enjoyed the blues style singing apparently as he almost leaped clear out of the excersaucer in delight. Amelia, my little groupy, sat criss cross applesauce with her arm on my leg just smiling away. Zach stared unwavering with his hands clasped in constant applause, although I think I may have heard him laugh once or twice. I can't really blame him, some of those notes I just plain missed. As exciting as it all was, no one was ready for an afternoon nap today, but even rock stars know, you gotta get your naps between gigs when you can get 'em.

Sometime silence can rock, too.

1 comment:

  1. Steve, I just love it. Your writing is wonderful and so much fun to read. I can't wait to meet your people. Keep writing - I'll keep reading.
    Love ya
    Pam

    ReplyDelete