Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Wistless

I believe Mariah Carey is one of the most talented singers in the music industry today, and to hear her hit the upper vocal registers is nothing short of awe inspiring. That being said, I'm not sure I actually enjoy listening to her lyrics screeched out in the same frequency in which fleas communicate. Mariah Carey fans, sorry to offend. 

In light of my feelings regarding the apex of the noise pitch spectrum, imagine how hard it is to come to grips with the squealing of our own resident Mariah impersonators. That is why I have decided to start up a house Irish band to harness the musical prowess of both Zach and Amelia while simultaneously preserving the integrity of our fragile eardrums. 

In the past few days I have been teaching myself to play the Irish drum called the bodhran, which I received as a gift from Shane and Liz upon return from their honeymoon in Ireland.

Zach is learning to play the xylodrum as my back up rhythm section, while Amelia is picking up the harmony with the tin whistle. 

I know what you are thinking; "Mr. Steve, it must worry you sick for Amelia to be playing an instrument as dangerous as the whistle." 
While yes, I agree that if she were playing something safer, such as the triangle or tambourine, it might ease my mind:  however, in my heart, I know that she loves the whistle, and there is no shame in getting hurt doing something you love

1 comment:

  1. This is soo cute! What a trooper Amelia is and she certainly shows potential as a great musician. We really enjoyed this one even though we "feel her pain". Keep on trying Amelia-you'll develop those callouses and then be able to whistle all day! Love you all! Grammie and Grampy

    ReplyDelete