Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Stimulus

Usually I avoid discussing current events in this panel mainly because two thirds of us are way to young for that sort of thing, but I felt in light of recent developments, I would like to interject my two cents on the matter.
There is no doubt that it is a fearful time for many, with uncertainty in the markets at every turn. We are all being affected by the current economic climate and my heart goes out to everyone going through hard times right now. Furthermore, it is impossible not to think of the long term ramifications of the current state of affairs and what, if any, foundation will be left for us rebuild upon once the smoke clears. All this considered, it is not unusual right now to feel completely overwhelmed and anxious about what tomorrow brings.

I feel it is essential, though, for us to remember that love is a commodity of unlimited supply and is in no way tied to what is being traded on Wall Street. Its value is much greater, the essence of which is the hope it allows us to have. Whether it be love of family, friends, or world, there is nothing more powerful or pure a force in the human experience. I know it's a long hard road ahead and each of us will be tested: but as long as we don't forget that which is most important to us as a people we will eventually find our way out.

Keep your love strong, my friends. It's good for the economy.






Oh, yeah...and the Mr. Steve family got a puppy. Isn't he cute?



4 comments:

  1. Bravisssimo! I loved your message, and you are sooo right on! Love will triumph over all! Thank you for setting us all straight!
    What a sweet puppy. I'm sure he/she will be great entertainment for the kiddies and the fact that you are bringing it in as a puppy means they can all grow up together. I wouldn't have been able to turn my back on that cutie either. Proud Mom and Grandmom of four grandkids and two granddogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve,

    Great post. Sometimes in the times of trouble, it's easy to forget what is most important. Thank you for reminding me/us that this is what we should be focused on i.e. Love!

    Best,
    Aaron

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey - great comments. Hopefully everyone reads your blog and will remember this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for keeping us focused on the important things in life! I LOVE YOU, MR STEVE!!! <3

    ReplyDelete