Friday, March 20, 2009

The Cookie Paradox

"Quick! Walk around to the other side."
"Why, Nadine? What's wrong? What is it?"
"Just move. Quick."
"Is it because of those girl scouts over there?"
"Yes, it's because of the girl scouts. They're everywhere, I tell you. Can't we just go to the mall in peace?"
"Oh, I see. You don't want to be tempted to buy their cookies?"
"I've already bought two boxes and I don't need to buy any more. You know, they should really start selling carrots: it would be much healthier and a better influence on these young ladies."
"But the reason it is such a great fund raiser is due to the fact that they are selling cookies, ridiculously good cookies at that. I mean, seriously, Elijah and I just had a Samoa eating contest before we left the house. I was able to down an entire box. Elijah didn't stand a chance."
"And that's exactly my point, Steve. You don't need to be eating a whole box of anything, much less a high calorie box of cookies."
"But they're delicious. Tell me honestly, do you think they would do even half the sales if the products were vegetables instead of sweets?"
"I would buy some. You would buy some: I would make you buy some."
"I would miss the cookies, though."
"Yeah, I probably would too. Well, how about selling both?"
"You've got a deal.

"Now, lets go buy a Dora the Explorer talking Boots doll which can switch from loud to super-loud with just a click of a button."
"OK."


2 comments:

  1. And we'll never think of Girl Scout cookies or armadillos in quite the same way as before! Thanks for the precious clip! Actually I'm hankerin' for some Girl Scout cookies right now! Love, Grammie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Boy Scouts try selling tins of that overpriced popcorn, and I always ignore them, as they're not cookies. Heck, Charles Manson could sell those cookies, and I'd buy them!

    ReplyDelete